Sunday, June 9, 2013

Sunday Weekly Wrap-Up



With the start of ICAD (Index Card a Day for June and July through "Daisy Yellow"), I have been making more time for art and thoroughly enjoying these small projects.
 (Scroll down if you are interested for my other 8 cards, as well as other projects this week)

ICAD #9



I had discovered another challenge  (Circle of Art) yesterday and it really appealed to me. Every Friday a quote is posted and you are asked to create something in response to it. Check here for more information.
I decided to create an ICAD  card for it:



Again I have used gelli papers, this time scraps in a collage as the backdrop for this great quote by Van Gogh.

The quote inspired me as well to create a tribute to Terry Fox, one of the few true heroes in our time.
I had just finished reading the YA novel "Run" by Eric Wilson today and loved it.
I can still remember watching Terry run across Ontario and then having to stop his run as the cancer had returned. Every year for the past 30 years I have taken part in a run at a school I have been in. The children are always so moved by his story and want to help run the "Marathon of Hope".



This has always been one of my favourite quotes of his. It is so true.



Alpha Dictionary - U
This week at "The Craft Barn",  U is the letter for the Alpha Dictionary Challenge.

I chose "unique" and thought of my Aunt Jessie, my godmother and my Mother's older sister.
She was like a second mom to me and was so special. She was also an exceptional artist, creating beautiful pieces with rosemaling. (Norwegian folk art) She was also a seamstress and a wonderful friend.. This is my tribute to her.



(Again the gelli paper background.)


Photo a Day

I have been seeing hearts lately!



 
 
Also Linking with:
 
 
 

2 comments:

Sarah Leonard said...

I love the quotes you've chosen to journal - especially the Van Gogh one.

Thanks for linking up!

Sarah @ A Cat-Like Curiosity

enthusiastically, dawn said...

So glad I found you in the link at Create With Joy! I am doing the ICAD challenge too! I love your cards...I enjoy quotes too. These are wonderful!