Thursday, June 6, 2013

ICAD #6 and Nautical Challenge



Today's index card  for ICAD uses black and gray  gelli papers. As I searched for a word, the  word "art"  seemed to fit.


                                                    " ART on Black"


Inspiration Avenue


This week at Inspiration Avenue the theme was "Nautical". As I looked at quotes, several appealed to me. I had bought an old copy of "Robinson Crusoe" a while ago and found the ship in rough seas. I placed it on an acrylic abstract painting I had done and added an anchor and 2 of the quotes.




My favourite quote though, was one attributed to Mark Twain:

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover. "
~ Mark Twain


Joy Card
One nautical  quote (from Hebrews 6:19)  seemed perfect for one of my joy cards.



Linking as well with:

Paint Party Friday

Art Journal Every Day,

 and

Show and Tell Saturday

8 comments:

Mary C. Nasser said...

Love your nautical artwork and quote!
Very inspiring!
♥♥♥
Happy PPF!!
Mary
Mixed-Media Map Art

Anonymous said...

Great fun, love that ART black....Happy PPF

miriam miller said...

great quote! your page is great too. I love things with meaning

Linda B said...

Love that art card, Beverley & the sketchbook page of 'ship' quotes, plus the Mark Twain quote. Very inspiring!

www.dorissdaughter.com said...

Wow! you have been so creative. I love your work:)

Lou Anne Hazel said...

I really enjoyed your art journal page and I love the quotes, especially the one by Mark Twain. Full speed ahead!

Giggles said...

These turned out wonderfully!! Great theme!!

Hugs Giggles

Lynn Cohen said...

Love the art, love the quotes!!!