Sunday, June 9, 2013

U for Unique



Alpha Dictionary - U
This week at "The Craft Barn",  U is the letter for the Alpha Dictionary Challenge.

I chose "unique" and thought of my Aunt Jessie, my godmother and my Mother's older sister.
She was like a second mom to me and was so special. She was also an exceptional artist, creating beautiful pieces with rosemaling. (Norwegian folk art) She was also a seamstress and a wonderful friend.. This is my tribute to her.



(I have used gelli prints for the background)

16 comments:

Maisie Moonshine said...

How wonderful to make a tribute to such a special person. Love your gelli background too. MMx

Pat said...

Good choice and I like the sentiment that inspired it.

Helen said...

Fabulous page and a truly 'unique' thought! Love it.

Anonymous said...

Lovely page, my word of choice as well, love the quote, and the background is fab ... and if Gelli prints aren't unique then what is! :) Have a great day!

nefertiti said...

Lovely page!!!bizz

Scrapmate said...

A lovely heartfelt page.

Elaine said...

Great idea to base it on a person rather than a noun. It's lovely!

Gill Edwards said...

thats such a lovely idea and i think your gelli background looks fab, must get me on of those.

Gill x

Annie said...

A great word choice and fantastic depiction. Perfect quote too!

Anonymous said...

Perfect word choice! I like your gelli print background!

lena-dailyscrap said...

Lovely page! Very nice gelli background!

Maggie said...

Lovely inspirational page!

MaggieH

Sandy said...

Wonderful page and it gives me quite a lot to think about!
Sandy

carolfromkiwiland said...

A beautiful page and way to remember someone special.

Sylvia said...

Catching up on comments after my hols, fabulous page, love the background and the wonderful quote.

Sylv xx

Anonymous said...

Awww that is so sweet. Well done
Thank you for playing with us at the Craft Barn
Izzy