Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Buried Treasure






Tomorrow  Seth Apter over at The Altered Page is hosting his annual hunt for buried treasure – in your old posts.
I decided to take part. It was such fun looking back through the years (!) on my blog and trying to choose something I was proud of and that represented me.

I choose this one "What I Believe" from October 2011.

 Here is the beginning of this post.

Michelle Ward hosts a monthly crusade at GPP. This past month was "I'm a Believer". I have taken part in a number of crusades in the past and felt this one shouldn't be missed.


Michelle listed a number of questions about life as an artist. She asked that we journal about our beliefs about art and being an artist.

Most of my life I never called myself an artist or felt that I was creative. I could copy very well. I have fond memories of drawing cartoon characters.

But then I discovered Haliburton School of Fine Arts and for 7 summers, I spent a week or two with my children there and we all took courses. I took courses in basketry, silk screening, design, collage, watercolour. It made me realize that I loved to create and needed to create. I continue to take courses as I can.


Please continue reading  here to see how I answered her questions and what art I shared.




Thanks for visiting! Be sure to check out the wonderful buried treasures at Seth's "Altered Page"

2 comments:

Carol said...

Every time I visit your blog I leave wanting to make art! Thank you!

Chris Stern / CS Designs said...

Hi Beverley, Thank you visiting my Doodle Pieces blog and for the lovely comment you left on my Buried Treasure post.

All your pieces are fantastic with my favorites being your zentangles.
I had a wonderful time visiting your blog and have become a follower so I can come back and visit again.
:) Chris / CS Designs