Today is day 16 of the Slice of Life March, the writing challenge sponsored and run by Stacey and Ruth of "Two Writing Teachers". Writing a new slice each day has been a bit of a challenge - sometimes the ideas come quickly and other times it is a bit of a struggle.
Pamela Hodges' post yesterday really struck me as a very useful guide to getting projects completed. I am a great starter - always on the lookout for new ideas. But, at times, I struggle to finish some of these projects.
Pamela's steps just make sense:
1. Have an end goal in mind.
2. Set a date to ship.
3. Break down the process into steps.
4. Be disciplined and follow your plan.
I decided that I needed to try it - maybe it would help me to finish a number of projects I have waiting to be finished.
My first step was to choose 5 distinct projects.
1. Get healthy/ lose weight/ exercise - this is ongoing and I start and stop. I even started a blog to keep track.
2. Edit a children's story I wrote and had assessed. I would like to edit it and submit it.
3. Finish writing a children's story I started to write.
4. Finish setting up my" art studio".
5. Finish an afghan that I started many years ago - just needs the squares joined.
Over the weekend, I plan to go through each of these goals and set up a plan as prescribed by Pamela to complete them.
Wish me luck! (Thanks Pamela for great advice!)