Tuesday, April 12, 2016

ABC Wednesday - N and WOYWW


Today at ABC Wednesday, N gets the nod for the week.

N is for Numbers.

Here is the stamp I carved as well as the tag I made - a perfect one for baseball season (3 strikes and you're out!)




Be sure to check here to see what others around the world did for N.



WOYWW



Each week, Julia Dunnit at "Stamping Ground" hosts WOYWW - the fun meme where we share our sprk spaces and what we are working on.

Once again I was carving a stamp - but today I definitely was on a learning curve. I knew that I had to reverse the stamp and so I drew a reversed design. I rubbed the design on my piece of rubber and started to carve, only to realize when I rubbed, the design ended up an accurate depiction of the numbers, not the reverse. Ugh!
If you look at the picture you can see the first stamp I carved in the mid left, and it stamped underneath in my book.



I then drew the stamp straight on the rubber, reversed, and carved it out. Success the second time around.

12 comments:

carol l mckenna said...

Great success with your carved numbers and perfect post for N ~

Happy Weekend coming to you ~ ^_^

MelodyK said...

numbers... where would we be without them ;-) The simplest neccessary form i guess is the number on the house we live in

Have a nice abc-wednesday-day / – week
♫ M e l ☺ d y ♫ (abc-w-team)

LisaDV said...

You've done an excellent job on your numbers, even if it took 2 tries. I really like the other carved stamp on the top of the book page (the half circle one).
--Happy WOYWW from #40. LisaDV

Monica said...

very impressed with your steady carving hand. have a great day
Monica 41

shazsilverwolf said...

Excellent job with the carving- I'd probably have removed a finger by now! It's funny how often something pops up in our crafting to surprise us, when we realise it should have been obvious. Have a great week, Hugs, Shaz #3 xxx

alifefullofpassion said...

Your stamp looks great! oh boy! another thing to add to my to do list lol take care, @Clemencia44

Chidkid said...

That's awesome..so inventive. Elaine no. 51

Tertia said...

Great stamp.
Happy WOYWW!
Tertia #44

ToadilyDiane said...

Cute card. I always love to see what creative stamp you have made.
Have a great day.
Diane - WOYWW #29

Sharon said...

Great stamp. It's always nice to see what stamp you'll create next.

Have a great week
Sharon K #36

Unknown said...

Love your stamp! I've never carved any stamps before, but after seeing this I think I just might try to do it!!! Wishing you a creative fun week to come... hope to see you next week again at WOYWW♥
Hugs,
MiSchra ♥ #42

Roger Owen Green said...

I always COUNT on your creativity.

ROG, ABCW