Tuesday, November 30, 2010

ABC Wednesday - T is for talented artists


This week at ABC Wednesday, T takes centre stage!

The artist this week is:

Tom Thomson

Thomson is my favourite artist. Though not an official member of the Group of Seven he is always associated with it. His paintings are full of the rugged north.
 
His death is still a mystery - did he drown or was he murdered?

For more information on this fascinating artist check out the following:

Here is a chronology of his life.

Here is a quick summary of his life through Wikipedia.

Information about a new book about the mystery of his death.


Be sure to visit the other participants here.

9 comments:

Sylvia K said...

I love his work -- what I've seen of it and you have a great one for the T Day! I didn't know some of the details of his life -- going to have to read some more! Hope your week is going well, Bev!

Sylvia

Kay L. Davies said...

Tom Thomson's Jackpine is one of my all-time favourite paintings, Bev. Somehow, though, I didn't know or have forgotten there was any mystery about his death. (Getting old is fun. LOL)
I'm going to write myself a note about the new book. Thanks for mentioning it.
--K
Kay, Alberta, Canada
An Unfittie's Guide to Adventurous Travel

Tumblewords: said...

Amazing. I love the pine painting but had no idea of the mystery of his death. I'll look at the links, to be sure. Thank you!

Roger Owen Green said...

very nice paintings, and a mystery to boot...
ROG, ABC Wednesday team

Jay said...

I've never heard of him before but his work looks intriguing!

On behalf of the team, thanks for taking part in ABC Wednesday this week!

Trudy said...

You said: "What a gorgeous book! what a keepsake itwill be for your son!
I have the books -now I just have to alter them. I want to do one of my Mom and Dad."

Making an altered book of your mom and dad is an excellent idea. They will love this, and it will be always be a family treasure. We all love the one I made for my son. I may make more for the other children as well. I would love to see yours when it done; so please let me know when you've posted about it.

jabblog said...

I love the painting of the Jack Pine. I've never heard of this artist before - I always learn something new from your blog :-)

Cheryl said...

The Jack Pine caught my eye but then I moved on to the rest. I can't for the life of me decide which one I like best. I love them all.

Cildemer said...

A great choice for T day! Love the Pine painting!
Thanks for sharing.

***
Have a nice weekend****