Tuesday, November 2, 2010

ABC Wednesday - P is for Picasso, Pollock, the Pratts and others



Once again it is time to focus on the letter of the week for ABC Wednesday.

P is for many artists - here are a few of my favourites:


Pablo Picasso - who does not know this amazing artist? Such a creative genius.

2 of my favourites of his work:

Blue Nude

Petite Fleurs


Jackson Pollock - An American, He was an important figure in the abstract expressionist movement.


If you get a chance, watch the movie of his life "Pollock", made in 2000 and starring Ed Harris.

 
Paul Peel - A Canadian painter, know for his nudes and children.




Christopher and Mary Pratt - This Canadian couple were very involved in the art scene. Check out a video here, where Christopher discusses his influences.


Camille Pissarro - the French-Danish Impressionist painter

And of course - who can have a focus on P without at least mentioning:
Pangnirtung Prints - check out this Inuit printmaking site.
(by Pitsiylak)


Painting, Portraits and Photography!

Be sure to visit the great participants of ABC Wednesday here.

10 comments:

Sylvia K said...

Always love your painter posts for ABC! And these today are fantastic, Bev! Some of my favorite -- in fact, most of them! Hope your week going well! Enjoy!

Sylvia

Kay L. Davies said...

Oh, Bev, I checked out the Inuit printmaking site. So many wonderful Inuit artists, and so many styles. Just wonderful.
A perfect post for the letter P.
-- Kay

Kay, Alberta, Canada
An Unfittie's Guide to Adventurous Travel

Gigi Ann said...

Quite a variety of P painter this week. Someone else posted Pollock today also. Since I can't draw stick people, maybe I could do splattering painting.

Always an education when I visit each week.

Roger Owen Green said...

Of course I know Picasso, and I saw that Pollack film - yes, very good. But the rest are new to me. Thx.

ROG, ABC Wednesday team

Strawberry Jam Anne said...

Clever you to discover so many artists beginning with P.

Unknown said...

you have done it again! what a great group of artists! And more new ones to learn about!
Thank you!
HelenMac, ABC team

Joy said...

What a variety of styles and artists for P.

Tumblewords: said...

Perfect post! Special artists and the link to the Intuit style is much appreciated!

jabblog said...

Well done! I didn't know Pissarro was half-Danish :-)

Francesca Di Leo said...

a print of blue nude is hanging in my bedroom! my all time favorite too of picasso. great post...

have a great weekend