Saturday, May 28, 2016

ART on Friday (on Saturday)



I am finally posting for ART on Friday - on Saturday morning. A busy past few days, especially with the temperature so high (30+C)

Here are a few things I worked on this past week.

Colour Me {Positive

The quote for this week at LuLu Art was a freeing one - about allowing yourself to make glorious mistakes and moving forward. Here is the full quote from Neil Gaiman's blog:

“I hope that in this year to come, you make mistakes.
Because if you are making mistakes, then you are making new things, trying new things, learning, living, pushing yourself, changing yourself, changing your world. You’re doing things you’ve never done before, and more importantly, you’re Doing Something.
So that’s my wish for you, and all of us, and my wish for myself. Make New Mistakes. Make glorious, amazing mistakes. Make mistakes nobody’s ever made before. Don’t freeze, don’t stop, don’t worry that it isn’t good enough, or it isn’t perfect, whatever it is: art, or love, or work or family or life.
Whatever it is you’re scared of doing, Do it.”
THis time, instead of printing out the quote, I wrote the words myself, using India ink. Something I need to work on. I also used a new stencil - I got the hang of it by the time I did the second on the right.

Art Tags
I did a few more this week, on the flower theme, trying to use up some supplies and using similar items.


Here's the tag ( and stamp I carved) I made for ABC Wednesday this week: t for turtle



ATCs
I worked on a set of ATCs for a PAT (Pick a theme) swap:

Photography
And of course - photos! The flowers are beginning to bloom and they are so beautiful. Here's a few from our gardens.




Linking as well with:

Over the Moon Link UP party
Inspire Me Monday
Creative Every Day

2 comments:

carol l mckenna said...

Lots of wonderful creativity here ~ all are wonderful!

Happy Weekend to you ~ ^_^

Linda Kunsman said...

beautiful art projects and the flowers are just stunning! Happy weekend!