Sunday, August 4, 2013

Sunday Weekly Wrap-Up




This past week has flown by. Hard to believe we are already in August!
Check here for the collages I created earlier in the week for Inspiration Ave.,Collage Obsession and Opus Gluei.
I have finished the ICAD project (check here for my overview) and started 2 new daily challenges!

1. Tangle a Day
 Jane  Monk has inspired me to create a tangle a day on an index card for the month of August . Her project is to create a tangle a day for a year. Be sure to visit her blog - she creates such beautiful tangles.

I am slowly learning the different zentangles. Each day I am using the string she provided for that day and at least one new zentangle.
Here are the first 4:




(I used a sharpie rather than a micron pen and I am not as happy with the result. The backgrounds will be gelli papers as I like the effect of black on colour)



2. Daily Paper Prompt
Tammy at Daisy Yellow has a new challenge "the Daily Paper or Word Prompt. Each day she provides a word and we respond to it in any medium or technique. The index card were fun but I am using a large journal for this challenge. I am already behind!

Day 1: Rainbow



Day 2:  Window


I am also using this for "Square" - the challenge at Art Journal Journey.





ATCs
I also worked on some ATCS. (Some I did not scan.)
Here is the Lincoln APC.



I have been doing more reading and going through the Inner Excavation exercises. I have not finished the larger piece I started for Chapter 2. I will share it next week.
 (As I share photos with several challenges,  I decided not to share any on Sunday so that the post did not go on and on and on!)

Linking with:

Creative Every Day

Inspire Me Monday

Glue it Tuesday

10 comments:

Linda B said...

Love your tangles, Beverley, especially that 2nd one with the yellowish background. It's almost quilt-like. You are doing such great exploration! Have a good week!

Ginny said...

Your tangles are beautiful. I continue to be amazed by all that you accomplish each week.

Anonymous said...

Marvelous creativity.....especially those tangles. xox

Faye said...

Your tangles are so creative and beautiful.

Carolyn Dube said...

You've been busy! Love love love the tangles! Happy PPF!

Ivy said...

Very cool tangles!

Giggles said...

Lots of fun here today!!

Hugs Giggles

Jenny said...

Your tangles are beautiful Bev... and I love them on your gelli print backgrounds...

Jenny ♥

bellefrogworks said...

Your tangles are great - I also love the yellow one - it does look like a quilt. I am never as happy with a Sharpie as I am with a micron or pitt pen. The lines are just not fine enough.

www.dorissdaughter.com said...

Beautiful tangles and lovely colourful backgrounds:)