Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Wishcast Wednesday


Today Jamie of Jamie Ridler Studios asks another of her penetrating questions:

What do you wish to be gentle with?
As I thought about it, I realized that I really need to be gentle with myself.

I expect that I should be able to do all that I want and need to do. I expect that I should be able to lose weight and exercise daily. I expect that I should be a better artist. I expect that I should be a perfect teacher, wife, mother.But, it takes time for all these things.
I need to give myself permission to try and when I don't succeed as I want and expect, then I need to be gentle with my limitations.
Life is too short (and as I get closer to 60 it is much truer!). I need to go easy and try and keep trying.
As Jamie says:
"You can be a maker of magic and a tender of wishes. It’s easy. Answer the wish prompt above on your blog . Support wishes by visiting other participants. It’s that simple. There is great power in wishing together."
Be sure to visit other wish-casters here.

13 comments:

Sarah Sullivan said...

As Beverley wishes for herself, I wish for her also!
I understand this..those expectations can kill ya!! May these things come to you and may you be gentle with yourself hon!!
Hugs, Sarah

Sulwyn said...

As Beverly wishes for herself, so I wish for her also.

Anna Fernando said...

As Beverly wishes for herself, so I wish for her also.

Lis said...

i wish i could remember that expectations are only meant as a guide to where i want to be going and not a destination in and of themselves ... and they muck up the view along the way!

I know this may sound morbid, but when I am being mindful and something happens and I begin to judge myself, I stop and consider "when I am on my deathbed, will this really matter?" What matters is the joy we feel while on this ride - oh, to practice this!

As Beverly wishes for herself, so I wish for her also!

" M " said...

As Beverly wishes for herself , I wish for her also.

Leone said...

You are perfect just the way you are. Stop TRYING it's exhausting. What are we trying to prove and to whom? As Beverly wishes for herself I wish for her too.

Kate Robertson said...

As Beverly wishes for herself, so I wish for her also.

Sarah Lulu said...

As Beverley wishes for herself I so lovingly wish this for her also.

Ginny said...

As Beverly wishes for herself, I wish for her also. When I read your post the word perfect stood out. I don't think there is such a thing so it would be impossible to attain. Enjoy each moment and who you are in that moment. I know I have enjoyed getting to know you through your blog. Have a wonderful week.
PS Your caring nature comes through in everything you write. The kids in your class are very lucky.

Rebecca Everett said...

As Beverly wishes for herself , I wish for her also. Love this, I think I am going to try to participate in Wishcasting Wednesday

Anonymous said...

As Beverly wishes for herself, so I wish for her also...

Librarian Lee said...

As Beverly wishes for herself, so I wish for her also. Those expectations will get you everytime.

Beverley Baird said...

Thank you all for stopping by and wishing with me.