Monday, April 5, 2010

Simple Woman's Daybook




This has been a delightfully laidback day - creating cards, checking blogs, doing some reading and trying to do a few chores. The weather is beautiful - we are setting records here in Ontario!

While checking out "Little Scraps of Magic", I read her post on "Simple Woman's Daybook" and it made me want to participate. I have done this a couple of times, but not for a long time. It was a perfect day for it.

FOR TODAY

Outside my window... I see a robin building another nest on the ladder on our porch; as well, our cat loving the heat outside.

I am thinking...that I need to keep the house tidy like it is right now (after all the company this weekend) and keep on working on decluttering.

I am thankful for... a lovely weekend spent with my husband, friends and family. I’m also for such beautiful weather and an extra day off from work!

From the kitchen...am looking forward to chicken wraps and angel food cake and strawberries for supper!

I am wearing …– a bright blue Tshirt, jeans and clogs.

I am creating...sets of art cards for swaps. I’m having such fun with these.

I am going... to catch up on school work tonight! And do some more reading!
I am reading...”House Rules” by Jodie Picoult. I stayed up until 2:30 last night! It is quite an emotional book – about autism. There are several other books – but have put them aside until I finish this one!

I am hoping... that I can get the commitment to get moving and exercising, and eating better. I am also hoping that I will hear from the new doctor I signed up with that I will be on her patient load!

I am hearing...the news on TV, chirping of birds outside!

Around the house...the dead leaves, pinecones, and sticks have been raked and the grass looks fresh. Some of our crocuses have bloomed!

One of my favorite things...a beautiful bouquet of flowers graces the table and a pot of lilies sits on the coffee table, buds just starting to open.

A few plans for the rest of the week: finish my ATCs as have a few swaps to finish up this week; make sure all our income tax papers are ready to go; see my daughter tomorrow!

Here are pictures for thought I am sharing:

2 comments:

paulateach said...

Your photos are gorgeous! And, I love the sound of your day...filled with art and relaxing. Enjoy your week!

Shady Gardener said...

That was fun! Thanks for sharing. :-)