At the start of today, I really wondered what I would find to be thoughtful for and as the day unfolded, there were a few things but a also a major difficulty.
I have one student who is ODD - very oppositional. He did not have a good day and by the end of the day I had to give him a 5 minute detention for pushing another student. The whole issue escalated into a major problem, involving his mother. The short story - I ended up having to call CAS (Children's Aid) on the mom. I have only had to do this a few times in my teaching career but each time it is so difficult. But I know it is not for me to decide what the outcome will be, I have to do it based on my concerns for the safety of the child.
By the time I got home I was exhausted, worn out by the events of the day. My husband surprised me with a dinner out, with his son, daughter-in-law and their son. It was a good tonic.
It also made me realize that there are many things to be thankful for:
1. for my husband and family - to share things with and be supported by
2. for colleagues who offered support and understood my dillema today
3. for favourite restaurants - especially when you don't feel like cooking
4. for a safe trip home, even though it was blowing hard with some slick streets
5. for babies who can make you smile and laugh just by their laughter and smiles
6. for my cat, who jumps on my lap and offers purrs and comfort
7. for favourite blogs which offer ideas, thoughts and support
8. for children who get so involved in creating and enjoying learning
I have been trying to visit as many blogs as possible this week - "One World One Heart" started Monday and already there are over 700 blogs participating, with so many wonderful giveaways.
Lots to visit before Feb. 15th! Be sure to check it out!
My 200th post (+3)
A week or so ago I knew my 200th post was coming up but I let it go by before I realized today that this is my 203rd!!!!
SOOOO - in honour of achieving 200 posts in less than a year, I am going to hold my own giveaway.
If you would like to win one of three ATC cards created by myself, then please leave a comment on this blog post, with your email address and answer this question:
What are you thankful for?
3 winners will be drawn at random on Sat. Feb. 13 and will be notified by email.
Best of luck!
Best of luck!
Thank you everyone who has visited here and been so supportive to my explorations. Thank you too, to the people who have given so much - through their thoughts and words and honesty!