Sunday, October 20, 2013

Sunday Weekly Wrap-Up



This past week  my creative output was more writing than art. I had entered a writing contest through Harlequin and had to have the novel finished by the 18th. I worked on it throughout the week, but by the end of the week I knew I was not one of the 50 (of 650+ who entered) chosen for the second round. I am glad I entered - I learned a bit, wrote a lot and am inspired to write more. In fact, I have entered a second opportunity through Historical Harlequin, which will have an editor give me feedback on an historical novel I am working on. That  will definitely be a valuable experience.

Dreamboard
The 18th was the Full Harvest Moon and as usual, I created a dreamboard. The question to focus on was:   What would I love an abundance of?

As I thought of what it was I was seeking, the phrase treasure my time, love and joy appeared and that is what emerged as I created the dreamboard.
The backgrounds were gelli papers. (Treasure was crated by joining individual letter stencils together - a wonderful technique from Carolyn Dube' free letter stencil course!)


I really do want an abundance of:  love, joy, faith, friendship, good health. and art, with lots of time for reading writing and creating.


Collage
This week at Collage Obsession the theme was Patterns and I had fun finding patterns in magazines.



ATCs
I created a number of ATCs this week for swaps:

Postage Stamp People


Butterflies on Queens




As well, Linking up with
Creative Every Day

Inspire Me Monday

Glue It Tuesday

4 comments:

Monique said...

I can see you've had a very busy creative week. Looks like you had loads of fun. It all turned out wonderful. Good luck with the writing contest.
xx Monique

Christine said...

Lovely assortment of work, thanks for sharing!

stefanie stark said...

Wow, You are really a busy lady. I keep my fingers crossed for your writing contest and I love your Butterflies on Queens!

iHanna said...

Adore the Frida ATC - so cute!