Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Multitudes on Monday (on Tuesday!)



Yesterday, I spent most of the day at the hospital, as my husband had surgery. Scheduled for 4pm it didn't happen until 5:30 and I didn't get to see him til 8. He seems to be doing okay and may come home today.



It is strange though coming home to an empty house.

I missed posting my gratitudes and with his surgery, I really need to:



I am so grateful for:



51. my husband


52. skilled doctors and nurses



53. our provincial health care



54. Rose, my step-daughter, who drove me to and from the hospital



55. family and friends who care



56. books that can occupy your mind and keep you from worrying


57. comfort food - chocolate brownies and tea


58. Christmas lights shining all the way home last night


59. art - that keeps my mind and hands busy


60. for prayers -mine and others



3 comments:

Lis said...

And we are grateful for you Bev!

I hope all is well with your husband!

I love your sketches (the kitty makes me squeal!) and your ATC's (which I cannot seem to do ... that small size defies me!) and on top of all that your work at school and with kids? Amazing!

And whether you like it or not, you are part of my tribe of creative lights that I turn to when I need a dose of inspired action and love. The love and joy you experience through art is so evident ... and it continues to excite me.

Do share your book list!
xo Lis

Emma said...

Hope all went well & you remember to care for yourself too.

The Summer Kitchen Girls said...

Brownies & tea...you're speaking our language Bev! We'll keep you and your hubby in our prayers ~ hoping he does get to come home today!!
Karla & Karrie