Monday, July 16, 2012

Summer of Color



The past 6 weeks at Twinkle, Twinkle, Kristin has held her second Summer of Colour. It has been a fun exploration of colour through the inspiration of  ice cream flavours. I have enjoyed playing with the colours and have created several backgrounds for use in other projects.
This week it was:  
Watermelon Ice

I only used red and black but used a credit and and a heart stamp sheet  in creating my background:




Last week the flavour was :  Wild n' Reckless Sherbet


I used turquoise, green and 2 shades of pink, with a sponge brush and a cardboard strip to create this background:


Be sure to check here to see how other artists have interpreted these colour inspirations.

8 comments:

Marja's Stamp Addiction en Marja's Creativity said...

Beautiful work, both of them
Lovely greet
Marja

Diana Taylor said...

Great background textures - the hearts look almost 3D - love it!

Joanna said...

Yes, I agree with Diana, those hearts do seem to stand out, they look good. Great backgrounds, both of them.

EG CameraGirl said...

I LOVE the colour of the ice cream!

Netty said...

smashing backgrounds. Annette x

Carolyn Dube said...

Another person who appreciates the value of the hotel key card & why I hate to turn them back in when I checkout! These are great!

Shahrul Niza said...

LOVE the black heart stamped images :). HUgs.

Unknown said...

Love your backgrounds, they look like fun!!