Saturday, August 7, 2010

Creative colour Challenge and GPP #43

There are two challenges that look at stretching your artistic abilities which I am participating in:
Creative Colour Challenge hosted by Louise Gale


and the GPP Challenge hosted by Michelle Ward.



With the Colour Challenge, a new colour is posted each Sunday. This past week the colour was Sunflower Yellow. Although I love sunflowers, I do not wear or use yellow much. So it was fun to splash away with yellow paint and work with texture as well. Here is my entry for the first week.
I hope to use this as a base for more artwork.
I can't wait to see what the next challenge colour will be on Sunday!


The GPP Challenge this month was "Text Messaging" (C#43) , using text, words or phrases to create a collage. I enjoyed this as I love words. I went through several magazines and had lots or words to choose from. At first, I tried to place them randomly but words seem top fit together so there is a bit of working together of the words.



The phrase at the became 2 poems playing off each other!


Using text is a lot of fun and can be the base of a journal page. I aim to photocopy my page, gesso it and build up!


11 comments:

michelle ward said...

Bev, great job on the text page. Can't wait to see what you with it next! Thanks for sharing with the team!

Hey Harriet said...

What fun challenges. I like what you've come up with for both of them!

Everydaythings said...

great page and also having a look at your blog since my first visit here!

Anonymous said...

Love the shapes of the text and the wonderful yellow background!

goudenregen said...

Great page, it is a bit like writing poetry with found words, don't you think?

jgr said...

I love your page and your idea of photocopying and adding to it.

Kari Desi said...

Great text! Can't wait to see what else you do with it!

Anonymous said...

Wohoo! That yellow is awesome - not a colour I use but very uplifting. I like your text message and think copying so you can use it again and again is a great plan. Hope you share the results with us.

Dawn said...

i like that yellow too! maybe i should join the color challenge..hmmmm...
i like the sepia tones of your words. great job!

Maureen Reynolds said...

Beautiful texture on the yellow. Glad you did the text one too. A busy woman!

Brigitte aka Scrappassie said...

Love your textpage, and the matching colortones, really beautiful. And yellow ... is my favorite color ;-)