Thursday, July 7, 2011

More Linky Fun - 10 Things About Me

Mrs. Owens is holding a linky Party as a way to get to know fellow teaching bloggers. I have only recently started following teaching blogs regularly and this is a chance to meet me.


10 Things About Me.

10. I remarried at 50 after vowing never to marry again. We celebrated our 9th anniversary yesterday.

9. When I met my husband I knew he had kidney problems. If you have ever experienced or known someone who has been on dialysis, you know how limiting it is, even though it saves lives. I was compatible with my husband and was able to donate a kidney to him in '03. He is still doing well.

8. I have 3 children and 5 stepchildren, all living on their own. Only my stepchildren have chilren - 9 grandchildren.

7. My favourite show right now is "So You Think You Can Dance". And I am in heaven as both the Canadian and American versions are on right now, so there are 4 nights of dance.

6. I love dancing as my favourite form of exercise. Although swimming is a close second.

5. My first teaching job was in the North West Territories in a tiny native village south of Inuvik. I stayed for 3 years and loved it. My oldest son was born in Inuvik.

4. I love art and creating things. I always have a craft club at school. When I grow up I want to be an art teacher and an artist!

3. I had a serious car accident in'85 and to this day I cannot drive on major highways. I still suffer from the whiplash I had then.

2. I love reading - anything and everything. I have books everywhere. When my children were growing up, if they asked for a toy or candy at the store , I'd say no. But if they asked for a book - I never said no! I want my class to love reading and we read, read, read every chance we can get.

1. I always wanted to be a teacher. I can remember lining up my dolls and stuffed toys to teach them when I was 8. I could retire this year but I am not ready to, for a number of reasons. I still love teaching, inspite of the political landscape. (in spite of Grade 3 testing!) I have taught Grade 3 now for 17 years and I find it a special year.

Thanks, Mrs. Owens for the chance to share a bit about me. Check out her blog for more interesting teachers and a great download!

1 comment:

Mel D said...

Happy Anniversary! I am a new follower thanks to the linky party! Stop by my blog, follow me & find out about my 200 follower giveaway :o)
Peace, Mel D
Oh the Places We’ll Go