Friday, February 5, 2016

Art on Friday


It's the end of the first week of February and time to share some of the art I have worked on this week.

Colour Me Positive
The new quote posted for this ongoing challenge is an important one.






It immediately made me think of the book "Wonder" - the amazing book by R.J. Palacio that spawned the "Choose Kind" movement. We definitely need more kindness in the world!



Art Tags
I have started a February challenge of hearts/love for my art tags. Here are the first 5:


(The music tag is for Art Journal Journey's challenge for February)



I also created a tag for ABC Wednesday for D - dog:

:



52 Card Pick-up
This week the theme was "Smile"
In some junk mail this week I found photos of smiling children - it was perfect for this week's APC.



29 Faces
I have tried this challenge at "Sojourner" before and enjoyed it, so I have taken on the "29 Faces" challenge. Here are a couple of my favourites from this week:





What challenges are you working on??


Also Linking with:




Moo Mania and More - Use Your Scraps - which I usually do, especially gelli papers


17 comments:

Kim Dellow said...

Wonderful Beverley! Love your pages and tags and of course you wonderful faces! Glad you are enjoying all the challenges! Thanks for linking up to Show Your Face and have a wonderful weekend. Kx

Studio Kaufmann said...

You dog tag is fabulous Bev!
Happy PPF

Valerie-Jael said...

Beautiful work, love all you have made, hugs, Valerie

froebelsternchen said...

Nice art!
Happy weekend!

Julie said...

Hi, you are invited to share this with Feline Art Friday:
http://kittypartay.blogspot.com/2016/02/feline-art-friday.html

Julie Lee said...

I hadn't heard of the Choose Kind movement, but it sounds such a good idea! We certainly need more compassion and kindness in this world. I love all your art, especially the tags and the faces. xx

Janet said...

Your journal spread about kindness is wonderful and I agree, we need more kindness in the world.
The "Smile" ATC made me smile! And good for you for doing all these challenges! I'm doing 29 Faces, too.

Linda Kunsman said...

what a wonderful assortment of art projects-beautiful Bev!

Lisabella Russo said...

I love your dog tags and the positiveness in your art. I'm participating in the 29 faces challenge as well...

My name is Erika. said...

You've made some really fun pieces this week. Love how you used bold shapes and bright colors.

Giggles said...

We can never have enough kindness!! Good job!!

Hugs Giggles

Gibby Frogett said...

Lots of lovely and fabulous things to see..
Gill x

DVArtist said...

Ohh your pages are great I really like the tags too.

Dea Lenihan said...

Faces and puppies and tags--oh my! Great stuff--lovely pages...wow you got so much done! Hope you have another great week. xo

Kate Robertson said...

Bev, Such a rich wonderful page you have here. Love all the valentine inspired work. As always thanks for linking.

Kate

froebelsternchen said...

Thank you for linking to Moo Mania & More as well Bev!
Happy new week to you!

Cara said...

Loving all your hearts!