Thursday, September 5, 2013

Books = Joy and friendship



While reflecting on the post on favourite books for "September Daily Blogging", I realized books really bring me so much joy, and are great friends.

The theme for Collage Obsession this week was "Friends" and for Inspiration Avenue it was "What brings you Joy"

I then saw the poem by Arnold Lobel (altho I left off the last 2 lines - as I don't have a beard! - altho it will be a looong time until I read all the books I want and have to read).

The collage then fell into place. I used gelli paper  for the background and the big books. I used watercolour for the small books.




Also linking with:

Paint Party Friday

Gelli Party at Carolyn Dube's

Art Journal Every Day

5 comments:

Create With Joy said...

Love this Beverly - books give me such joy too!

Thanks for sharing with us at Friendship Friday.

Stop by to enter my latest book giveaways at Create With Joy!

Kat W said...

Fabulous! Love this. Books definitely bring me 'joy' as did your art. This would make a great card, poster or bookmark for a book lover. Thanks for sharing.

Kat :-)

Tiffany said...

Lovely!
I agree, books are great friends! xo

Carolyn Dube said...

I don't think I will ever be able to read all the books I want- I have a huge wish list! How you've made this Gelli library is fabulous!! So glad you shared this with the party!

Nancy B said...

What a great library you made on your journaling pages!