Friday, September 13, 2013

Day 13 - September Daily Blogging



Karissa of "A Fresh Start on a Budget" is hosting an interesting challenge - blogging every day in September, by responding to daily prompts.


Today's question : What is  Something difficult in your life that you’ve worked to overcome?

Throughout my life I have overcome many difficult things:
-moving often
-being alone up north away from family
-raising a child alone, away from family and friends
-car crash and its aftermath

-divorce
-death of my Mom

But the ongoing challenge I have had to overcome most of my life is that of lacking self esteem, of feeling always on the outside looking in. It has gotten much better since I have gotten older and especially since I have remarried. I have found someone who loves and cherishes me for who I am.

I think for women body image, especially, can cause feelings of low self worth when we compare ourselves to the prevailing media image.

I feel much better about myself and am trying to get healthier for me, not for an image.

We need to find our purpose, our centre, our own magic if you will.



 
(a collage I created for a challenge)


2 comments:

Unknown said...

I too am thankful for someone who loves me so much!
I definitely think having that makes one feel more confident! It can be so hard to have low self esteem!

Thanks for sharing. Stopping by from the link up!

Becca said...

I think self esteem is something most of us struggle with! I am lucky that in elementary school they came into class and did something called Project Self Esteem. It didn't fix everything - but it sure helped!