Thursday, September 16, 2010

Gratitude and The Happy Book



When Jamie posted our next challenge from "The Happy Book" I wondered who I would be able to thank. I try to express gratitude often and at night find 3 things to be grateful for.
But this past week, 3 events happened that just filled me with gratitude!

1. I won a book through "Literacy Toolbox" - "Dotty" by Erica Perl! I thought the book would be perfect for my class and entered the giveaway with little expectation. But Dawn Little of Literacy Toolbox sent an email stating I had won! Thanks Dawn!


2. I have been taking part in the "Gifts of Jewels" through Se'lah and Monday I received my gift of jewels from Tracey - a set of lovely mugs with extraordinary quotes on them. I love using them!
Thanks Tracey!

3. Thanks to my husband who knew that taking photos is a passion now and knew I would love to see and photograph Galt's knitted Main Street Bridge - a project organized by Sue Sturdy. What a sight that was - quilts, and scarves and toques, totally covering the big bridge!
Thanks to Sue for this amazing project - which will see all those knitted items washed and distributed to the needy next week.
Thanks to my hubby for thinking of me!









Be sure to visit the other participants here.

7 comments:

Helen said...

Thanks for sharing your attitude of gratitude!

WrightStuff said...

That's so cool - all those wonderful things happening! That bridge looks amazing - what a cool thing to see :)

Tracey said...

Glad you like your mugs - don't they make anything you drink taste better? (LOL!) It must be the positive sayings seeping through. Love your gratitudes & I would've loved to have seen the knitted bridge. Very cool :-).

Grammy said...

Thanks for stopping by. It is great to see u again too. What a work of art. the bridge is truly amazing. And so much work went into it. Thanks for sharing the photos. Have a great week. : )

Anonymous said...

Thank you for sharing your thank yous! :) Have a great week!

Ginny said...

Thank you for sharing your wonderful week with us. It is wonderful when those around us recognize and appreciate our passion. Have a very happy week.

SE'LAH... said...

simply refreshing!

i do hope you get lots of enjoyment from your jewels.

one love.