Friday, April 6, 2018

ART on Friday


The first Friday of April and I am returning to share some of my art. During March I was involved in daily writing for the "March Slice of Life" hosted at "Two Writing Teachers" (shared on my writing blog). Although I did make some art, I wasn't consistent.

This month I am taking part in the daily blogging for "A to Z April Blogging Challenge" I am carving stamps and creating an art tag each day.
Here are the tags I created so far this week:












For the 7th, the letter is G and I carved a gun. The tag I
created is for this challenge as well as for:

"Take a WordChallenge", whose theme was "A splash of red"



Sunday Postcard Art
The theme for "Sunday Postcard Art" is "Postage Stamp People"
(You might recognize the stamp face - John Hanson)



These pieces also qualify for the following challenges:"

Art Journal Journey - "Recycle and Collage

Try It on Tuesday - Recycle Something



Linking as well with:

Paint Party Friday

Inspire Me Monday

Midlife Share the Love Party

18 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

Lots of lovely art Bev, you have been busy. Thanks for linking your recycled piece to TIOT, much appreciated. Happy PPF, hugs, Valerie

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I was really, really impressed with your A to Z projects. I'm following Birgit who is showcasing movie themes and now I have another person I can visit who is doing the A to Z project, too. I am in awe of your stamp carving. I tried to do a bit myself, but I don't have any tools, except my kitchen knife, so my skills are quite limited. I love the book and the gun. They are all great, but these stuck out for me.

I am also here to thank you for linking to Art Journal Journey with your fabulous Postage Person. It's a lovely collage and makes a great recycled journal page, too.

Rosie said...

Wonderful pieces of art

Thank you for joining us at TRY IT ON TUESDAY

froebelsternchen said...

Oh wow you are really busy Beverley and your tags and collages are all so artsy and I adore all the fab quotes you used !
Great recycling here - wow! Happy to see you linking to Try It On Tuesday and Art Journal Journey! Much appreciated!
oxo Susi

Let's Art Journal said...

What a wonderful collage! The colourful background that you created with the recycled postage stamp and images looks amazing 😀. Thanks so much for joining us at Try it on Tuesday! J 😊

SandeeNC said...

wow, love all your tags, but I really love the postage face lady, that's awesome!

Meggymay said...

A super post and your collage piece with the re used stamp looks fantastic. Thank you for sharing with us at Try it on Tuesdays.
Yvonne

Rika said...

Love your postage stamp postcard!

DVArtist said...

Bev, you have been busy. Lots of wonderful art this week.

Ozstuff said...

Really enjoyed browsing through your blog page. Thanks so much for participating at Take a Word with your splash of red.

Linda Kunsman said...

fabulous stamp carving and art tags!!

Little Artbee said...

The Tags look very good and the postcard also. The card has a wonderful background and the collage elements look perfect to it. Great Work!
Greetings
Sabine

craftytrog said...

Fabulous art Bev, and thanks for joining my challenge at AJJ!
Alison

Unknown said...

These are great works of art, you are very clever! Love the gun control one in particular, very timely. Visiting from #mlstl

csuhpat1 said...

Those are so very cool. Thanks for sharing. #MLSTL

Sue from Sizzling Towards 60 & Beyond said...

I'm impressed with your artwork and still amazed that you can make stamps! Thanks for sharing with us at #MLSTL. Have a great week!

Leanne said...

I used the quote about opportunity and doors for my "I" post on the AtoZ challenge - you're so very talented to be able to create those stamps and turn them into something so original and creative.

Thanks for linking up with us at #MLSTL and I've shared this on my SM xx

amotheradaughterandlife said...

What a fun collage.