Tuesday, January 15, 2013

ABC Wednesday


Round 12 of ABC Wednesday begins this week. I did not take part in Round 11 but am eager to join in once again.
The theme I've chosen for this year is once again an art theme. I will create an ATC in a style or using a medium associated with the letter of the week.

A is for ATCs

ATCs are Art Trading cards and are a fun exchange of cards (sized 2 1/2" x 3 1/2 ") with people from all over the world.
One site for trading cards is at ATCs for All. All mediums and themes are offered. I have just finished hosting 2 swaps:
Christmas Zentangles and Christmas K.I.S.S.
Once you choose a theme, you create 3 cards in that theme, in the posted medium. Then you send these cards (and usually one to the host) with postage. Once the deadline is reached, the cards are then swapped by the host and you will receive 3 cards from 3 different artists.
Lots of fun, a way to meet others and make art!

Here are some of my favourite sets I have created:

                            Sunflowers

               APC (Art Playing Cards)
              Vintage ladies
         
                   Zentangles


Be sure to check out all the ways A is celebrated around the world here.

6 comments:

Leslie: said...

I've never seen or known of those things before. Interesting.

Leslie
abcw team

Roger Owen Green said...

artistic, and fun!
ROG, ABC Wednesday team

Joy said...

That looks like creative fun.
Joy - ABC Team

Emma said...

Oh, I love those Zentangles!

carol l mckenna said...

Great idea for 'A' wonderfully creative ATCs ~

(A Creative Harbor) ^_^

Powell River Books said...

When I first read the title, I though maybe you were going to write about flying (air traffic control). But art trading cards are even better. - Margy