Monday, August 13, 2012

It's Monday! What are You Reading?



It's that time of the week where we share our reading. I had started "The Book Thief" last week but a call from the library changed the course of my reading.
3 books i had reserved were in and that is what I ended up reading (I didn't want to rack up fines was my excuse). So, I read:

The Mighty Miss Malone by Christopher Paul

I loved Deza and how she handled all of the challenges in her life. It was a great description of the Depression era.

See You at Harry's by Jo Knowles

Another strong character in Fern. I got so caught up in the dynamics of the family, I stayed up reading til 3 a.m. one day last week. I had to see how it was resolved. Excellent writing, excellent story telling.

32 Third Graders and One Class Bunny by Philip Done

Since I teach grade 3, I have been wanting to read this for awhile. I don't think I laughed so much. So many of his stories I have experienced and know so well. What a fun read!

I will read "The Book Thief" this week as well as continue with my professional reading. Only 3 weeks til school begins, so have to squeeze in as much reading as possible!

Be sure to check here and here for some great reading choices.

7 comments:

Kristen said...

One of my friends just recommended See you at Harrys to me last week and just picked it up from the library. Glad to see you enjoyed it!

Deb Nance at Readerbuzz said...

One Class Bunny is a book that every third grade teacher should read!

Here's my It's Monday! What Are You Reading? I hope you will stop by!

The Relentless Reader said...

I do hope you get a chance to finish The Book Thief. It is definitely one of my all time favorites :)

Have a great week of reading!

Maria said...

Wow, great books for you this week! Deza is one of my favorite recent characters. So much pluck!

The Book Thief is an amazing, intense, read. It sticks with you a long time. Enjoy!

Maria @novalibrarymom.com

Linda B said...

Don't know the 3rd grade one-sounds fun, but have read the others-wonderful. Happy reading! We start tomorrow!

Kellee Moye (@kelleemoye) said...

Love Harry's- such a touching, tough novel. Haven't gotten to Malone yet though I hear great things about it all the time. And the 3rd grade book looks so funny!

Happy reading this week! :)

Miss Trayers said...

I just read the Book Thief this summer and it is definitely now one of my all-time favorite books-very well-written.

NotJustChild'sPlay