Tuesday, August 2, 2011

ABC Wednesday - C is for Julia Cameron




This week at ABC Wednesday, C is the letter of the week. Continuing with the quotes theme, C is for:



Julia Cameron, the author of many books that focus on creativity.

Her book "The Artist's Way" is a must read for artists.




I am working through the book with a great group hosted by Paula of "Happy Snappy".


Throughout this book are numerous quotes from other people as well as Julia's. But it is her quotes that I wish to share with you. Here is a sampling of her wisdom:



"Love is the substance of all life. Everything is connected in love, absolutely everything. "




"Wherever you are is always the right place. There is never a need to fix anything, to hitch up the bootstraps of the soul and start at some higher place. Start right where you are. "

"Serious art is born from serious play."




"As you move toward a dream, the dream moves toward you."


"Pray to catch the bus, then run as fast as you can."




"Wherever you are is always the right place. There is never a need to fix anything, to hitch up the bootstraps of the soul and start at some higher place. Start right where you are. "




"What we really want to do is what we are really meant to do. When we do what we are meant to do, money comes to us, doors open for us, we feel useful, and the work we do feels like play to us."




"I have learned, as a rule of thumb, never to ask whether you can do something. Say, instead, that you are doing it. Then fasten your seat belt. The most remarkable things follow. "

"Each of us has an inner dream that we can unfold if we will just have the courage to admit what it is. And the faith to trust our own admission. The admitting is often very difficult."

" Growth is an erratic forward movement: two steps forward, one step back. Remember that and be very gentle with yourself. "


Be sure to check out ABC Wednesday for how others around the world focus on C.

8 comments:

Sylvia K said...

Great post for the C Day, Bev, and thank you for sharing such marvelous bits of wisdom! I can always use those! Hope your week is going well!

Sylvia

Paula - Buenos Aires said...

The bus one has been my favourite for a long time. :)

Anonymous said...

Great choice for "C" - so glad you chose to feature Julia Cameron.

I love the quotes you selected :)

Unknown said...

I know this book! Thank you for celebrating it for C-day!
HelenMac
ABC Team

Cheryl said...

I had the opportunity to join a group that was exploring their inner artist through this book. I've had it for 8 years and never read it!

Someday, I'll crack 'er open.

Leone said...

A great book, I did it first in August 1993 and it was the first book with exercises that I completed. I still have it and several more of her books. They have helped so much in looking at how my creative spirit got lost.
Take care and enjoy the journey!!

Roger Owen Green said...

my wife's a huge fan of the Cameron book.
ROG, ABC Wednesday team

Anonymous said...

Well, Beverly, EVERY SINGLE QUOTE you picked is one that resonates very deeply with me! It's like you sorted through a boat load of quotes and picked out the sparkling gems for me. Thank you!!