Friday, September 25, 2015

Art on Friday


Friday mornings I usually finish some of the projects I started through the week. I find that having challenges to complete pushes me to create most days.And there are many challenges, both weekly and monthly, through blogverse.Here are a few I am participating in:

Show Your Face
Kim Dellow's weekly "Show Your Face" is fun - and an easy way to focus on faces. This week I was inspired by Jennifer Orkin Lewis at "August Wren" and her stylized faces. Quick and fun - using watercolour and sharpie pens.






Journal
This week I created my autumn vision board (check here to see more about it)





The theme for"Collage Obsession", is "Trio". As I was looking up quotes, this one inspired me, especially as I had created a tree already this week and it is fall now.

My trios:  Roots, leaves, fruits;  thoughts, words, actions.



Collage
I created several collages this week - this was my favourite:




ATCs
I am working on several swaps this week and here are the first three I created:






Photography
Here are the latest flowers for our dining room table - lilies. Love them.




Linking as well with:

Paint Party Friday

Express Your Creativity

Art Journal Every Day


15 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

Lots of fun work again this week, lovely photo, too. Happy PPF, hugs, Valerie

Julie Lee said...

Lovely variety of work on your post this week, Bev. What a gorgeous lily and I love those ATCs and your cute little faces. xx

Linda Kunsman said...

a super collection of art projects Bev! You sure do get a lot of creative art projects done in a week:)

Words and Pictures said...

Lovely quirky faces, and such a range of other artwork to enjoy too.
Alison x

My name is Erika. said...

So much to see today. I love those faces! And those journal pages!

Kate Robertson said...

Bev, Love the flower pics. Your Autumn collage is great and oh so true. I hope your tree ends up having lots of fruit.

Kate

A'n'G Johnson said...

You've been busy. Lots of great art

Beth Niquette said...

How clever and versatile you are!

Tracey FK said...

I have been doing some lily drawing this morning... yours are beautiful photos, and I really like those cute little faces... such fun

DVArtist said...

Fabulous art for the week. Love the faces.
Nicole/Beadwright

Claudia N. said...

Just had to hop over from Kim Dellow's site to take a closer look....and LOVE your playful faces! Each is a character on its own! Great illustrational work! x

Kim Dellow said...

Fabulous Beverley, I love your faces, each one looks like they have a story to tell! Thanks for joining in Show Your Face and for the shout out too. Kx

Giggles said...

Fun faces and gorgeous lilies! Always lovely collages! Loads of variety here!! Good job!

Hugs Giggles

Giggles said...

Fun faces and gorgeous lilies! Always lovely collages! Loads of variety here!! Good job!

Hugs Giggles

Jill Holmes said...

Very busy you are, Ms. Beverley! Great sentiments and creativity. I really like the fun, quick, quirky faces sketches. I like doing them and I like to see when others do them. They always make me smile.