Sunday, September 8, 2013

Day 8 - September Daily Blogging


Karissa of "A Fresh Start on a Budget" is hosting an interesting challenge - blogging every day in September, by responding to daily prompts.

Today's question: What is the best piece of advice that  you  have received? Who gave it?

I have received lots of advice over the years. Some of it was extremely helpful, some not so.

One piece of advice was from Linda, a friend who ended up dying from cancer. She had given us beautiful crystal glasses for our wedding and her advice was to be sure to always use the good stuff every day, as every day was precious.
I still use those crystal glasses ( and my good china) every day. And I think of her as I do.

I found this quote from Mary Manin Morrissey:

Start living now. Stop saving the good china for that special occasion. Stop withholding your love until that special person materializes. Every day you are alive is a special occasion. Every minute, every breath, is a gift from God."




2 comments:

Jeannie Marie said...

That is lovely! I always use my good stuff. Not every day, but often. I also serve the children on the good china. In 44 years not a piece has been broken by a child.

Becca said...

I hear this advice often and it is so true. My own grandparents saved up for retirement for way too long and now they are too old to enjoy it! :/