Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Day 3 - September Daily Blogging


Karissa of "A Fresh Start on a Budget" is hosting an interesting challenge - blogging every day in September, by responding to prompts.

Today's question:  Why did I start blogging?

My first post took place over 4 years ago, on Mar. 17, 2009. I had been following a book study of Gail Meekin's wonderful book "The 12 Secrets of Highly Creative Women ", through Jamie Ridler, and I was inspired by the book and the other bloggers to become more creative and to just "do it".
As I said then:
"My bravest step thus far though, is the creation of this blog, to put myself on the line.
My goal is to explore my adventures in art, education and life."


That still applies. I am still exploring, still stepping out and trying new things. I began with one post a week to most times now, a post a day.
I have so enjoyed the journey.
I have created so much in the past 4 years. I have met some amazing artists and bloggers online.I have taken part in so many challenges, book studies and courses. I have learned a lot,  although there is still so much more I want to do and to learn.
It is an exciting adventure for sure.


3 comments:

Becca said...

It's great that you're still blogging four years later! :)

Don’t know said...

That's awesome you are still blogging! I've heard many things about that book but never have picked it up....maybe I should. :)

Angelina | Lace Up. Lets Go. said...

That book sounds pretty good. I'm going to have to check it out.