Sunday, July 28, 2013

Sunday Weekly Wrap Up



This past week I was able to create a variety of collages - for challenges (see here for a look at them), for ATCs and for ICAD. You will notice that the backgrounds are mostly gelli papers.
Here are some of the creations:

ICAD
We are nearing the end of the 2month ICAD challenge. It has been fun - although I was not as adventurous as some people. I love collage and stuck to that mostly. I have decided to continue for August and to try some new mediums and techniques. I want to challenge myself more.

(My printer is not working right now so my words are written rather than typed!)



(The above quote comes from Catherine Porter, a reporter for the Toronto Star, who was inspired by the many people she met and interviewed who had gone through hardships and disasters.)








ATCs

The first project was a flower mandala for a shape swap:



A snail mail swap:



An inchie swap - zen flowers:





Book Studies:

I have started this past week to work through 2 books:

"Inner Excavation" by Liz Lamoreaux

and

"12 Secrets of Highly Creative Women"   by Gail Meekin

I have finished  reading 2 chapters in both and am using a journal to respond to prompts in both books. They actually work quite well together.
Effy Wilde is hosting a book study of "Inner Evacuation and it is quite helpful - although they started several weeks ago.
Digging deep, looking at the layers that make each of us seemed to be something I needed to do at this stage of my life. I have retired from teaching but not sure the path I want to take forward.

Here are parts of my responses for Chapter 1 in both:

12 Secets:



Inner Excavation




New Blog!

I also started a new blog this week - as  a help in my journey to healthier living. I have 2 posts and I am hoping the accountability factor will spur me on. Come visit.



Linking with:

Creative Every Day

Inspire Me Monday

Glue it Tuesday

2 comments:

froebelsternchen said...

what beautiful and creative art Beverly!

great!

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

You have been extremely busy, Beverly. I love all your ICADs. Glad to read you plan to make more. I think I've had my fill and have given everything I have to give. I really, really love yours, though. They are very colorful and creative.

I also like your mandala, and suspect you have been collecting postage stamps for a LONG time.

Your Inchie swap entries are gorgeous. I don't doodle like that, but I always admire anyone who does.