Friday, July 26, 2013

New Challenges



This week at Collage Obsession the theme was "A page in a Travel Journal". I had been just looking through photos from our trip to British Columbia 5 years ago and got out a bag of mementos and flyers from our trip.
I chose Vancouver Island's Victoria - a beautiful place where we toured for several days before driving north through parts of the island. I would return in a flash if I could.( Loved all the places I saw in BC for that matter.)



______________________________________________________________________________




The Alpha Dictionary challenge this time was "T" and after finishing the above collage, I knew that totem pole would be my choice for T. I have always had a love of native art and culture. The totem pole is unique and so significant to the culture of the Northwest Coast Natives.




_______________________________________________________________________________



At Inspiration Avenue this week, we are asked to "Show and Tell"

There are several pieces that I hold dear to my hear for several reasons.

The first is the mixed media collage I completed on my mom and her heritage. I took a weeklong course and this was the final piece.



The first  and only oil paintings I have done were 2 of flowers. They hang in our bedroom. One is red, the other blue.

 
 
 
I took several courses at Haliburton School of Fine Arts over 10 years ago. It was the go to place with my children for many years.
I took a  watercolour course and this was my favourite:
 


The following year I took a watercolour/collage course and loved it. I was able to recycle some of my watercolours into this collage:

23 comments:

Netty said...

lots of lovely projects, Happy PPF, Annette x

Kaylene said...

Lovely work, I enjoyed Vancouver Island many years ago. Cheers

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I actually came from IA, but fell in love with your collage obsession. This is wonderful. I am working on a 7 continent altered book, and this journal spread is incredible. You do fantastic work, including your paintings. Great composition and color.

Ivy said...

Love all your projects this week, you've been very busy! HPPF!

Lou Anne Hazel said...

I love all of the pieces you shared this week. The travel journal page brings back memories for me. Your piece on your mother is the one I love most. Thank you for sharing it at Inspiration Avenue!

Craftymoose Crafts said...

All of your show and tell pieces are stunning--especially the collage of your mom. I have always loved Native American and Pacific Coast artwork,so I admire your journal page,too!

bellefrogworks said...

So much fun to see everything you've done - that watercolor collage is really lovely

carolfromkiwiland said...

Great 't' letter choice. Aren't they fantastic in real life! You have created some beautiful art work I look foreward to seeing more of it on your blog.

Julie Lee said...

Beautiful! Love your T for totem pole: aren't they incredible creations. Julie Ann x

Maggie said...

Wonderful pieces! I especially love the collage honoring your mom and the watercolors. Thanks so much for sharing!

SAMARA said...

ah! Haliburton - you live about 1 hour from me!!! Nice. That watercolor pic is sensational. That was a course well worth taking for sure. And the collage with the totem pole is gorgeous. It is like one of the "where's Waldo". The more I looked at it the more I saw. You are so multi talented Bev! HPPF. HeArtfully Yours, Samara

Anne (cornucopia) said...

Lovely mix of artwork!

Silvia(Barnie) said...

Wow, you are very creative. Your totem page looks fantastic.

Pat said...

Totem pole is a great choice.

Maisie Moonshine said...

Great choice for your T word. Fantastic page too. MMx

Sylvia said...

Fabulous page, love your choice of word and wonderful images.

Sylv xx

Anonymous said...

Great choice on the Totem pole, I don't think I will have two of those this week in the challenge. LOL.
Thanks for playing with us at the Craft Barn,
Izzy

ryan james said...

good

ryan james said...

good page

ryan james said...

lots of lovely projects, Happy PPF, Annette

bradmaddox said...

The Best Lol n Troll Network with the Name of Lols Gag... Troll Images, Prank Peoples, Funny Peoples, funny planet, funny facts, funny cartoons, funny movies pics, iphone funny, funny jokes, Prank Images, Fail Pictures, Epic Pictures, Lols and Gags, Lol Pictures, Funny Pictures, Lol is the Laugh out of Laugh where you can Fun Unlimited and Laughing Unlimited.
LolsGag.Com

hasnain raza said...

Online Corner is the best Platform to earn money online from internet, Just Join Now and start earnings
OnlineCornerz.com

Unknown said...

Want to Make Website or Software...? Any Type of Website and Software and Desktop and Web Based Applications.
Want to Make Now, Just Contact us at Skype
Skype : Jobz.Corner