Sunday, May 30, 2010

Sunday Weekly Wrap-Up

Today I had fun at the local garden centre photographing flowers. I wanted to have a wide range of blossoms close-up and thought this would be a good spot - and it was. With certain photo memes I taken part in weekly, I was falling behind in photos. Macro Flowers and Weekly Reflections were 2 I have been sporadic with. I am hoping to remedy that.

(2 of my favourite shots:)






This weekend we entertained the middle grandchild, age 7. She stayed over Saturday night and we did lots! It was enjoyable, especially when we dipped into the paints. I was working on some ATCs and I gave her blank cards to paint. She had fun - creating butterflies, flowers and clouds. She also painted me some angels as she knew I liked them. It was such a blessed time - she was so involved in her creativity! She loved taking her work home this morning and showing her parents!






I have quite a few ATC swaps I have signed up for, so I have been working a way at them. They are so relaxing (usually - unless an idea just won't gel). You can be creative, except in a smaller format.


Reptile and Amphibian Swaps:


Favourite Childhood Books Swap:



Dragonfly swap:
Dots and Spots Swap:




ABCs of Art
This week's letter of focus is H and I have chosen H for Handmade!

All my cards are handmade and many times I use handmade paper.

When we create gifts for others that are handmade, we share a piece of ourselves. We use our hands, our hearts and our heads.
The tribute for my Mom that I created Thursday was handmade with love.
Last week was also the Full Moon , so I was involved in creating the Full Flower Moon Dreamboard. Those are very valuable exercises to complete - they really do guide you through the month ahead. Check at Jamie Ridler Studios for more information.
I'll leave you with a quote from Jamie's blog which is so powerful.
"There can be no happiness if the things we believe in are different from the things we do.”
Freya Stark

1 comment:

Unknown said...

These are gorgoeus. And the flower shots are just beautiful.