Thursday, May 27, 2010

Full Flower Dreamboard/ Tribute/Theme Thursday



Today is the Full Flower Moon and once again Jamie Ridler encourages us to create a dreamboard to put out our intentions for the month to come.

As Jamie says: "What’s possible for full-flower you? What colours shine? What dreams flow freely? What pours out of your heart and into the world?


Today is an anniversary, a sad one - two years since my Mom passed away. I have decided to use it as a launch to a hundred days of caring for myself and nurturing my creativity.

I have already begun an elimination diet and am feeling more energized.

My goal is to replace bad habits with better ones and to dance, create, play - to use every day as an opportunity to be healthier and happier.
 
Theme Thursday

Today at Theme Thursday, the theme is beauty.

My first thought was to look up quotes and there are so many. Here is my favourite:


The most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched,
They must be felt with the heart
.”
~Helen Keller


I wanted to create a tribute today for my Mom and I could not think of a better one than on the theme of beauty. She had a beautiful soul and was the kindest person you could ever wish to know . When I found this picture of her at 21 I knew this was the centre of my piece. She was stunning! I love you Mom!


Visit the other participants of Theme Thursday here.

9 comments:

K said...

lovely tribute!

Anonymous said...

What a lovely way to start your 100 days. I'm sure your mom would be proud. And your tribute to her is beautiful.

LynnF said...

You're an inspiration to turn your sadness into such a loving tribute to your beautiful mom, and to take loving care of yourself! Bravo! LynnF

Sandy said...

Wonderful tribute.

Unknown said...

Well done, what a wonderful way to pay tribute to you mum.

Tabitha the KnittingJourneyman said...

Beautiful dreamboard and spectacular tribute ... may all your dreams come true.

Lis said...

Oh Bev, I am all choked up over here! First of all, what a wonderful practice - 100 days of self care and nurturing ... oh my, yes! and "Live your best life" so powerful... i just love the thought and commitment put into this board and i am so inspired by YOUR beauty, power, love and care. What an amazing tribute to your mother. You certainly received great teachings from her. Thank you for sharing them here.

big hugs & love - Lis

Jamie Ridler said...

What a beautiful way to honour your heart, your love, your self, your mother. May this be a very powerful, nurturing, healing, enlivening 100 days. I'm cheering you on, beautiful!

May all of your dreams come true.

big hugs,

Jamie

foxysue said...

Daughters are precious too and you must have been very precious to your mother, so cheers to you for looking after her progeny!