Saturday, October 10, 2009

Shadow Shot Sunday

In a week of rain and cloud and few shadows, I despaired of finding new shadows this week. Then this morning as I looked at our cat on the back porch, I saw sun and shadows! Hurrah! I quickly grabbed my camera and snapped away.
This first shadow was the holes in the lattice shining onto the tarp surrounding the porch - readying for winter!
Doesn't she look comfy? At 17 1/2 she deserves a bit of comfort.
Then as I walked around our yard, she followed me and I had to snap this shadow!
This dark, crisp shadow was from the dryer exhaust box!
I took a few more shadow photos, which I'll save for those days shadows fail to appear as needed! I feel like the little mouse Frederick (story by Lionni), who stored away words and colours and images for winter!
Be sure to check out other great shadows at Hey Harriet!

6 comments:

Sylvia K said...

Awww! what a cutie! And she makes a perfect shadow! Plus you got several more good ones in spite of the weather! Good for you! We're still enjoying some sun, but I don't think it will last much longer, so I'm catching whatever shadows I can to get me through the sunless days ahead!

Happy SSS!

Sylvia

The Summer Kitchen Girls said...

Well....getting ready for winter is a reality this month...isn't it? We can't believe that your cat is 17 1/2! That's amazing. Yes...we enjoy fall decorating too...and would love to keep winter away for a bit - but with snow in the forcast (already?) and with us starting to get Christmas out in the store this week...it looks as if it's coming...soon!!
Enjoy your week!

Crafty Green Poet said...

what a sweet looking kitty!

Grammy said...

Hi Beverly, wonderful photos. This look like a fun thing to do. We finally had a bit of sun today too. Yea. Have a great day.

Chubby Chieque said...

Cool to chase shadows to join the fun. Make us mobilise and of course create owns art or photography, huh?

These shots are all great. Have a nice day.

Beverley Baird said...

Thanks everyone stop by. I don't know how I missed with the first link but thanks for coming by and leaving such lovely comments!
happy Thanksgiving/Columbus Day to you all!