Thursday, April 2, 2020

A to Z Blogging Challenge



Today is Day 2 of the A to Z Blogging Challenge, which has been running since 2009.
This time around I am focusing on creative endeavours - whatever that takes me each day.

B is for Balance

There is so much talk about finding balance  - especially between work and home. Now, in these uncertain, chaotic, fearful times we need balance more than ever.

Definition

 Noun:   an even distribution of weight enabling someone or something to remain upright and steady.


verb:    keep or put (something) in a steady position so that it does not fall.


Knowing the meaning, we can see that we must keep steady, not be overwhelmed by all that is going on. So not too much news, not too much worry. Find ways to laugh, to connect, to find some joy in each day. 
As Robert Fulgham said:


Be aware of wonder. Live a balanced life - learn some and think some and draw and paint and sing and dance and play and work every day some.

The arts are needed now more than ever. So go and create, play, have fun.




1 comment:

Fantasy Writer Guy said...

Thanks for bringing forth that definition. I found it useful to ponder. I am a very creative person as I believe everyone is deep down somewhere. But I love to explore it in every manner I can get near.

I achieve balance by making the same pathetic unacceptable progress - or lack thereof - at every one of my impossible roster of goals and commitments. Everything is equally hopelessly far from completion. Not that this seems to bother me at all. I'm generally quite happy everyday. I seem to have a deeply advanced capacity for peace and unencumbrance. Or possibly I might be a dull idiot. Cheers and best of luck to you.