Tuesday, June 9, 2015

ABC Wednesday and WOYWW



This week at ABC Wednesday, V takes centre stage.

V is for vegetable prints.

When printmaking you can use just about anything - found materials are a lot of fun to use.  I used potatoes when in the classroom, so that children could easily carve into the potato and make prints.


(I used a mushroom, pepper, carrot and cucumber.)


Be sure to check here for how others around the world focused on V.



WOYWW
Julia Dunnit hosts a wonderful weekly meme - WOYWW - at her blog "Stamping Ground" ,  a chance to share your workspace each Wednesday.

As I was making the prints above, I thought I'd capture my art table - After clean paper last week, there's now paint on it - no longer pristine.


I tried to do some maple key prints but just succeeded in making s mess. I've done it before and been more successful. Will have to try it again with different paints.


8 comments:

photowannabe said...

I remember doing this when my boys were young.
It's a perfect rainy day project.

Roger Owen Green said...

almost yummy!

ROG, ABCW

Photo Cache said...

Very crafty of you.

My ABC WEDNESDAY

Sue Jones said...

I bet the kids loved it - thanks for the peek Soojay 21#

Laura (Bookworm) said...

Your printmaking looks like fun! I seem to remember stamping with potatoes back in my school days. I wonder if temporarily adhering your maple key to a stamping block might help? It seems like it would be tough to grasp to stamp with . . . . Happy WOYWW from Laura #54

Joy said...

Ah the humble potato, such a versatile vegetable.

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Very creative making your own stamps, love it. Have a good woyww and happy crafting, Angela x 24

Ann, Chen Jie Xue 陈洁雪 said...

reminds me of when I was young. may not be available here, we used banana leaf stem.