This could be a description of me! I love making collages.Tonight, before I got into school work and marking, I created 2 collages. I needed to get into the cut and paste mode.
For "Collage Obsession's" theme "Cities" I created this piece, based on the background of Ted Harrison, a wonderful Canadian artist who created beautiful coloured skies of the Yukon. He wrote and illustrated many books for children.
I used pastels for the sky - something I have done with my class. These always turn out well.
The second collage was inspired by Gretchen of Creativity in Motion.
She had created a top ten list of "stuff I love to glue and add" to her collage work. I loved the idea and so I made my own Top 10 List. There are many more that could have been added but these are my favourites.
Here's the list:
1. Papers of all kinds. I am obsessed lately with gelli print papers, but I love handmade papers and any special papers I can find. I have been taking part in the past few weeks with paper swaps through ATCsForAll. What fun these are - you never know what kind of papers you will get.
2. Used stamps and envelopes - there are so many different patterns on the inside of used envelopes. They make great backgrounds.
3. Vintage images
4. Quotes and words
6. Pages from old books, music books and dictionaries
9. Odds and ends - anything paper - ticket stubs, stickers, playing cards, greeting cards, etc.
10. Images from magazines - I use these a lot in my dreamboards.
I am almost finished the small canvas for March.
I started work on it Good Friday. I knew what I wanted and tried to highlight the Resurrection - my vision did not quite result in the piece below. I am reasonably happy with the intent. although.
Also linking with:
In the Studio (JRU)
and Paint party Friday