Tuesday, October 26, 2010

ABC Wednesday - O is for Onley, O'Brien and O'Keeffe


Once again it is time to check in at ABC Wednesday. This week our focus is the letter O.


Artists for this week are:

Lucius O'Brien (1832 -99)- an influential 19th-century Canadian oil and watercolour landscape artist




Georgia O'Keeffe (1887 - 1986) - American artist, best known for her beautiful flowers, as well as for "rocks, shells, animal bones, and landscapes in which she synthesized abstraction and representation." (Wikipedia)


Toni Onley (1928 -2004) - A Canadian artist, best known for his watercolour landscapes and complex colourful abstracts



Be sure to visit the other great participants here.

11 comments:

Sylvia K said...

Always enjoy your artists for the week! I'm particularly a fan of Georgia O'Keefe! Hope your week is going well, Bev! Enjoy!

Sylvia

Roger Owen Green said...

Love O'Keeffe, but the others are new to me.

ROG, ABC Wednesday team

Tumblewords: said...

I think these are my favorites! Love each of these paintings although I was only familiar with O'Keefe's work before I read your post!

Unknown said...

I've been posting two entries to ABC Wednesday - one on my photo blog and the other to my art blog The Pagan Sphinx. I was going to concentrate on Georgia O'Keeffe but I ran out of time to compose the post. I'm glad you thought of it!

I do have an entry to The Pagan's Eye, though.

http://thepaganeye.blogspot.com/2010/10/abc-wednesday_26.html

MaR said...

Very unique and interesting take on the theme, fantastic paintings!

ABC Wednesday: O

Kay L. Davies said...

Oh, I love Toni Onley, and the earlier Canadian as well, but mostly Toni Onely. Wonderful, wonderful.

Kay, Alberta

GreensboroDailyPhoto said...

OOOOOOOOOOOO so many great OOOOOOO's!

Berowne said...

Great post for O Day.

Unknown said...

Ovations for the intro to more Canadian artists that I did not know.
HelenMac, ABC team

jabblog said...

Most interesting and informative post.

Gigi Ann said...

I don't know how I missed your O post this week, but I guess it is better to be late and never.

I enjoyed the O artists, and the different styles of painting. But my favorite is the Oinatchouan Falls. I love pictures of waterfalls.