Friday, September 11, 2015

Art on Friday


It has been so good to get back into a practice of (almost) daily creating. I have joined in with Jen of Journal Wild in a year of "Journaling Dangerously" - to journal in whichever way you choose but it make it a daily practice. I wrote about beginning that here and so far I have wither written or art journaled every day this week.

Journal/ Face
In my journal page this week, I am returning to creating a face. (Kim Dellow hosts a fun challenge "Show Your Face" each week). I need much more practice, but they are fun to create. I use a magazine model and then have fun with it. The quote really struck home, especially as I age.




Collages
I continue to create small collages - which must include scraps of paper, a used stamp and stamps. Some fall together much better than others, but they are meant to be fun and use supplies in different ways.
Here are my latest:






Photography
I couldn't resist taking these 2 shots - the first one from our squash plant and the other from an old board. Almost abstract.







Linking with:

Paint Party Friday

Art Journal Every Day

Express Your Creativity



12 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

Lots of lovely work this week, love the photos, too. Happy PPF; hugs, Valerie

carol l mckenna said...

Lots of wonderful creativity on your page ~ beautiful! Love the uniqueness of the photos ~ so creative of you!

Happy Weekend to you,
artmusedog and carol

Kate Robertson said...

Bev, Love the photos you took. Great textures to use in art. Love the collages. Thanks for linking up.

Kate

Wanda said...

Great Art....and magnificent photography. Squash plant...oh my....love it.

Janet said...

So much creativity going on here! I especially love your little collaged pieces...and the photography is great. I like old peeling paint on wood.

Deborah Wainwright said...

Love peeling paint and will often take photos myself, either to print off as backgrounds or ti use as inspiration. Thanks for sharing your wonderful creations this week. Hugs Debs xx

Giggles said...

Great variety of creativity today and love the quote!!

Hugs Giggles

Linda Kunsman said...

Fab variety of art and subjects Bev!

Tracey FK said...

That looks like it has been a full and happy creative week... Those photos really caught my eye

DVArtist said...

Fabulous pages and the photos are very creative.
Nicole/Beadwright

froebelsternchen said...

Super art here ! Happy PPF!

Kim Dellow said...

So glad you are back Beverley, it is great to see you and your faces and pages again. Thanks for linking up to Show Your Face and for the shout out too. Kx