Monday, September 17, 2012

It's Monday! What are You reading?




It's been a couple of weeks since I participated. The last 2 weeks have been busy with school, so not as much reading as I did over the summer.

With school though, I have read all the books that I described here. These books were enjoyed by all the children (and myself!)

What I did read though was excellent:

"When God was a Rabbit" by Sarah Winman

I was surprised by this but did enjoy it.



"The Castaways" by Elin Hilderbrand

I finally finished this. I enjoy her books  - more of a light read, but it did take me most of the summer to finish - too many other good books to read.

By far, the best book in a while was:
"The Unlikely Pilgrimage of Harold Fry" by Rachel Joyce

I admit I had tears at times but I LOVED it. A gentle but powerful book. Read it!


I have just started "The Beautiful Mystery" by Louise Penny

This is the newest book in the Inspector Gamache series and I am thoroughly enjoying it.( Even read til 12:30 last night as I could not sleep.)

I have so many books started but interrupted by books bought or recommended - will eventually get back to them.  Not sure what I will read after this one.

Be sure to check here and here for some great reads.

3 comments:

Linda B said...

Your adult books look interesting Beverley, but you're right, there is so little time. And I re-read your 10 for 10 post-so many great pic bks for the beginning of school there. Nice to see again. Aug. 10th seems a long time ago.

The Relentless Reader said...

I'm waiting for a copy of Harold Fry to come in for me at my local library :) I can't wait! I'm not a patient girl, lol

Have a great week of reading!
The Relentless Reader

Juliann in WA said...

I read When God was a Rabbit early in the year and found it very compelling