Saturday, May 15, 2010

Shadow Shot Sunday


Seeking shadows has become a fascinating hobby. There are many photo memes around blogland, but none is as fascinating or fun as Shadow Shot Sunday. You never know where you will find them and shadows can be such interesting shapes.
This week I have been taking lots of photos of our robin family and while looking at them I realized many were in shadow - as I did not want to get too close and scare the parents away. The parents are constantly bringing meals to their young. I have gotten a few shots of the babies (but those are for ABC Wed!) as well.

Be sure to visit the other great participants here.

12 comments:

Catherine said...

cute shot - the aqua colours in that last one are particularly effective,,,

Sylvia K said...

Sweet shadow shots! And I, too, love the aqua colors in the last one! Have a great weekend, Bev!

Sylvia

Kim, USA said...

Oh that is so sweet for the mother bird to bring food for her babies. Happy Sunday!

Shadodw Shot Sunday

EG CameraGirl said...

What a treat to see the robins grow up! Lucky YOU!

bobbie said...

Really love your birdies!

E Makes Art said...

Wow, I didn't know about Shadow Shot Sundays. I love noticing shadows and always take picts of them. I was actually going to post some of the picts on my blog soon and talk about my love of shadows! Serendipity.
I love the first pict, the orange color of the bird just pops and looks beautiful in contrast to the green shaded area. Wonderful!
I also wanted to thank you for stopping by my blog, I'm glad you liked my collage, and the quote. I love a good quote!

Unknown said...

That is very cute, I too love the aqua in the last one. We don't have Robins here, so it's lovely to see them.

Hot Fudge said...

Oooo ... they are so cute! They obviously know a good spot to nest when they see one.

Hey Harriet said...

Those birds are so adorable! It makes me happy to hear that you're having fun with SSS! I always enjoy seeing what gems you've captured each week! Enjoy the rest of your weekend :)

Anonymous said...

Super photos of the robins - and yes, the colour adds a little extra something!

Gemma Wiseman said...

Love these shadowy views of the robin in homemaking mode! I feel like a spy through a window!

Leone said...

such precious photos. Isn't nature wonderful?