Thursday, December 2, 2010

Christmas Countdown and Reverb 10



Reverb 10

I started last year really looking at the year in review and looking forward. I found it a very valuable exercise.
Today I discovered and joined "Reverb 10":

"Reverb 10 is an annual event and online initiative to reflect on your year and manifest what’s next. Use the end of your year as an opportunity to reflect on what's happened, and to send out reverberations for the year ahead."

There will be a prompt a day through December. Here are my first 2 responses:

December 1 One Word.Encapsulate the year 2010 in one word. Explain why you’re choosing that word. Now, imagine it’s one year from today, what would you like the word to be that captures 2011 for you? (author: Gwen Bell)

2010:
My word for 2010 was YES. I had hoped this word would help me be more open to all that was available and to try new things.
This year did bring new things – a trip to Mexico, a mixed media course were the biggest of those.
Looking back though, the word I would choose to describe the year would be Emerging. I feel like I have been emerging from the veil of grief, that my creativity is emerging and I am emerging from under the weight of pain and clutter.

2011:
I have already chosen my word for 2011 – BALANCE. The notion of one’s life having 4 rooms appeals very much to me and I would like these rooms to be balanced in my life.


December 2 Writing.
What do you do each day that doesn’t contribute to your writing — and can you eliminate it?(Author: Leo Babauta)

Each day life gets in the way! I teach, I cook, I spend sometime with my hubby, I spend sometime online, I read the paper or magazines, I do homework, I watch a bit of TV (maybe).
Do I write? Not very often. My desire right now though, is to create art. I am definitely doing it more now than a year ago. Next year, I hope it will have become a regular habit.







Christmas Countdown:


December 2 - Today was creating lists - for Christmas cards, Christmas baking, for gift giving.


It was time for setting up Christmas centres at school so the children have some time to create when they have finished their work for the day.
It was also a time to slow down and listen - to Christmas carols.

One song in particular I have been playing and listening to every day this week, since it was sent to me.


No comments: