Tuesday, June 22, 2010

ABC Wednesday - W is for Wishes



It is time once again to focus on the letter of the week at ABC Wednesday.
 
This week's letter is W - W is for Wishes.
We all make wishes - whether it is to:
* wish someone well for a birthday or anniversary,
* wish upon a star,

*share a wishbone and make a wish,


*throw pennies in a wishing well to make wishes or,

* just hope that all will be well.
Wishing always has an element of hope and trust that the best will happen.
A favourite meme of mine, that offers support in the blogging community is "Wishcast Wednesday". Each week a question is posed and all are invited to respond to that question. Then comes the support as other wishcasters offer support of one's wish.



Here are some quotes about wishing:
You must be the change you wish to see in the world. Mohandas Gandhi
Some people want it to happen, some wish it would happen, others make it happen. Michael Jordan
We can change our lives. We can do, have, and be exactly what we wish. Tony Robbins
Be as you wish to seem. Socrates
If you wish to be a writer [or artist for that matter] , write. Epictetus

Be sure to visit the other great participants here.

15 comments:

Sylvia K said...

Terrific post for the W day, Bev! Love your quotes and your choices! I make lots of wishes!! Hope your week is going well!

Sylvia

Carol said...

I love your take on the W week! I think I'll go see what's at wishcast wed.

Roger Owen Green said...

some great philosophy there.
On behalf of the ABC Wednesday team, THANK YOU!

Tumblewords: said...

Wishes. Where would we be without them. I wish almost more than is good for me, I'm sure. :) Wonderful W post!

sema said...

Wonderful collection of quotes!

photowannabe said...

Nice choice. It makes me think of Disney's, " When you wish upon a star, makes no difference who you are, anything your heart desires will come to you."

Hildred said...

And the lesson learned is that most times making wishes come true is up to us.....

Megan, Life Revamped said...

wishes do come true!


...come and check out my ABC today if you find the time!

have a beautiful day!

xoxo,
fickle

P.S. now following!

Wanda said...

Wonderful quotes! What would life be without the ability to "wish"

Rinkly Rimes said...

I like 'If you wish to be a writer, write!' Great common sense!!

Leone said...

What Bev wishes for her self, I wish for her also. There is something magical about wishes.

Anonymous said...

Haven't heard about Wishing Wednesday. I'll check it out. My wish for you is to have a great week and relaxing weekend!

Ann, Chen Jie Xue 陈洁雪 said...

Nice piece of wish bone.

Lorraine said...

well my wish for you is that the weather is fine and you have a great summer holiday..our school hols dont start here till the end of July lasting till Sept. thanks for your nice comments on my blog

Berowne said...

Great W quotes.