Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Passport to Art / ICAD

                                                         Passport to Art Day 1

There is a new daily challenge for July through Bernice at Newly Creative. It starts with an altered book, preferably an old atlas. Each day there are quotes, inspiration and a technique to try.
Check here for the challenge.

I am already behind! Here is my first spread. I am using an old school atlas and started with a  simple painted background, using a credit card.


Here is a closer look at the quotes.



When I first read the quote by Anderson , it was the quote "stop and smell the roses" that I thought of. That lead to the flowers and the change in words. We do need to pause and take in all around us on any journey.





ICAD
Here are my 2 cards for July 1




and July 2.  (I tried a watercolour)

5 comments:

Amelia said...

I always love the flow of watercolour as the water makes them blend. I too have been doing lots of making recently and it feels so good. Happy making :)

Jen said...

I love how the prompt led you to flowers and your page is lovely. I am a real novice at this, so it is good to see other designs.(am here from Bernice's Passport to Art). Thanks, J x

Carolyn Dube said...

Love the texture from your credit card scraping! How cool to use an old atlas for this!

AM Zafaran said...

I do agree with your lovely quote! Love your page!

Unknown said...

Bernice is always coming up with wonderful prompting blogs this looks like you had fun