Tuesday, July 16, 2013

ABC Wednesday


Hard to believe - Round 13 is starting for ABC Wednesday. There's a brand new logo and a new challenge for the next26 weeks. It is a great community - come and join in the fun!

I wanted to try a new art challenge and creating APCs (altered playing cards) has become a new favourite. Several people I know through ATCs For All create whole decks of altered cards. I have not done this yet although I have become a butterfly deck.

For this round, I will be creating a deck of famous Canadians, preferably using used stamps. As there are 52 cards in a deck, I will be creating 2 a week.

A is for Bryan Adams, an amazing singer


Here is another quote by Bryan Adams:

"Thoughts are things; they have tremendous power.
Thoughts of doubt and fear are pathways to failure.
When you conquer negative attitudes of doubt and fear
you conquer failure.
Thoughts crystallize into habit and habit solidifies into circumstances.”



A is Paul Anka

"Paul Anka is a Canadian singer-songwriter and actor. He became famous in the late 1950s and 1960s with popular singles including "Diana" and "Put Your Head on My Shoulder."





A is also for Margaret Atwood

I also created an ICAD  (index card for a challenge at Daisy Yellow). I had originally planned to use Margaret Atwood - one of Canada's favourite, best known authors. But the quote was too long for an APC so I used it on an index card. It is very powerful - one we all need to internalize and demonstrate. (Check here for more of her quotes.)






Check here for all the challengers, to see how people around the world faced the challenge of A.

8 comments:

Carver said...

Good post for A this week. Carver, ABC Wed. Team

Unknown said...

Such a creative way to make a deck of cards!

Roger Owen Green said...

This is AWESOME!
ROG, ABC Wednesday team

photowannabe said...

What a creative way to do ABC Wednesday.
Very clever. I will look forward to the coming weeks.

Leslie: said...

These are AMAZING! I can hardly wait for each week to see what you bring us.

Leslie
abcw team

Roy Schulze said...

John *A* MacDonald could've given you four of a kind. Clever and creative (and Canadian) post.

Hazel said...

'Give it to me straight from the heart!' Now the song's playing in my head. Great Canadians! And what charming creations!

Hazel

Reader Wil said...

Great minds all of your singers. I especially like the last one: " there is only one race:the human race"!
Have a great week.
Wil, ABCW Team