Tuesday, July 30, 2013

ABC Wednesday - C



This week at ABC Wednesday, it is time for the letter C.

For the ATCs I created this week, I chose:

James Cook  -"British explorer, navigator, cartographer, and captain in the Royal Navy"

He was a very interesting man, having served in Canada from 1758-63 and then exploring from 1768 -79, being killed in Hawaii 1n 1779.





and

Rachel Carson,  the  famed biologist, ecologist,  and writer of "Silent Spring".





Be sure to visit here to discover how others around the world faced the challenge of C.




 
 
 

4 comments:

Leslie: said...

Well, I think all Canadians know about Captain Cook but I haven't heard of the author.

Leslie
abcw team

Lea said...

Now that's an interesting deck of cards!
Lea
Lea's Menagerie

Roger Owen Green said...

Rachel Carson practically invented the modern environmental movement with that book! And much of the world would be different without Captain Cook's exploration!

ROG, ABC Wednesday team

Reader Wil said...

I heard a lot about Captain Cook in Cooktown, Australia, where my daughter lives. Thanks!
Wil, ABCW Team.