Tuesday, January 1, 2019

#OneThingThisMonth January



I have been following Kim and Tanya of GirlXOXO for awhile. I have decided to join in their #OneThingThisMonth as a way to focus on one goal for January.

This month it is all about setting my intentions for the month, and ultimately for the year.

My first step was to create my Winter vision board, which will help me focus on the 3 months ahead.



Then I chose my word of the year - which is FOCUS.

After 2 years of not accomplishing much in my writing or art and experiencing so much stress (re my hubby's health), I knew I needed a change. Thus focus - I have to focus on me first.
I need to focus on: my writing, my art, my health.
I have to choose a focus each day, each month and achieve more.

I am using 4 journals to help me keep focused:



The red flowered daily log to record the books read,
the large blue flowered one to keep a more detailed review of the books read,
the light blue diagonal journal as a catch-all for 2019 to record favourite passages, books to read, ideas, dreams etc;
and finally the dark blue one is my daily to-do diary.

As I signed up for reading challenges (check here to see my master list of challenges), I came across the Bookish Resolution Challenge and The Good Rule Reading Challenge. Both stress the need for setting intentions for your reading life. The Bookish Challenge encourages intentions for your writing/blogging life.

Here are my resolutions for 2019:(as I wrote in my reading journal)


What is your One Thing for January?
What bookish resolutions are you making this year?

2 comments:

Jinjer-The Intrepid Angeleno said...

Ooo I like seeing your journals and knowing what goes in each one!

Bernice Hopper said...

Thanks for leaving a comment on my blog. Here's a link to my Focus Pinterest board https://www.pinterest.co.uk/msbernice7/focus/