Saturday, November 24, 2012

Shadow Shot Sunday



It's that time of year when the weather changes so quickly. All week I have been wearing a light coat but yesterday the temperature dropped considerably. We even had flurries last night and this morning there was a coating of snow still on the lawn and bushes. Yes, I do love snow, but not on highways. Wouldn't it be great if snow fell such that roadways were spared? Oh well, we can dream.

I got a few shots this morning of shadows in the yard. The shadows on the snow were faint but I wanted to highlight the snow.





Be sure to check out all the wonderful shadows from around the world here.

9 comments:

robin. said...

same scenario here bev...crazy weather anyway!!! great snowy shadow shots!!!

Sylvia K said...

I love your snowy shadow shots, Bev!! We have some sun today after nearly a week of endless rain!! Surprised some of us didn't float away!! Hope you have a great weekend!!

Linda said...

lovely shadow shots on the snow

Gemma Wiseman said...

Love the folds of snow in the second photo! Beautiful series!

Ralph said...

Lovely shadows - snow is a perfect artistic medium I'd say. As for snow, like you I would be perfectly happy for the snow to fall neatly on the grass and not on the road...the cold is back East today the snow farther behind I hope :)

Jeannie Marie said...

I love how snow puddles around a plant but doesn't snuggle up close. Slight warmth?

Chubskulit Rose said...

We had our first dose of snow last week as well, nice shots.

Late visit from Shadow Shots Sunday. Here's my link to Indoor Plants Shadow
Your comment will be greatly appreciated.

Linda B said...

It was cold here today, but no snow, & we're back warm the rest of the week. Your photos look great with the snow, too, Beverley.

Emma said...

We've only got a little snow on the hills but very cold! Well, for the west coast of Scotland - where's the Gulf Stream gone?! Lovely shadows.