Thursday, April 9, 2020

A to Z April Blogging Challenge



Today brings H for the A to Z Blogging Challenge. What better choice than HEROES - and helpers.
 We are surrounded by heroes since the covid crisis began - nurses, doctors, paramedics, PSWs, pharmacists, cleaners, shopkeepers, store clerks, food bank helpers, police, firemen - really all those helping to save lives, feed us and protect us. So a huge thank you to all those helpers.
As Mr. Rogers said:

“To this day, especially in times of ‘disaster,’ I remember my mother’s words and I am always comforted by realizing that there are still so many helpers ― so many caring people in this world.”


H is for Hero



Terry Fox has been my hero since his Marathon of Hope. While I taught, I took part in the Terry Fox run every September and collected hundreds of dollars for his charity. What an amazing man, an amazing feat. 




No comments: