Wednesday, August 16, 2017

ABC Wednesday - E and F



This week at ABC Wednesday, F is front and centre.

F is for FLAG

Every country has a flag that is symbolic of that country.

Until 1965, Canada shared the Union Jack with  Britain. The struggle to get its own flag is quite a fascinating story. But on February 15, 1965, the new flag was inaugurated at Parliament Hill.

The red borders and 11 point stylized red maple leaf is easily one of the most recognizable flags in the world.



And I am so very proud of it.





E and F stand for the two official languages of Canada

English and French.

Canadians study French all through school and I truly believe that learning a second language improves our minds. I just wish that we could all be more bilingual.


Be sure to check here to see what others around the world did for F.

8 comments:

Leslie: said...

Great choice for this week's post, Bev! I think people around the world recognize our flag quite easily and I, too, am proud of it. However, I still remember our British and French roots, as well.

Leslie

ABC-Wednesday said...

Wonderful flag... always something to be proud of isn't it

We have a different one ofcourse ;-)

Have a wonderful ABC=day / -week
♫ M e l ☺ d y ♫ (abc=w=team)
http://melodymusic.nl/21-f/

Joy said...

One of the most attractive and distinctive flags.

carol l mckenna said...

Wonderful post about your Canadian Flag and being proud of one's country is so important ~ ^_^

Su-sieee! Mac said...

You have a beautiful flag!

Jackie McGuinness said...

Had to come by when I saw my flag in the thumbnail!

Deepa said...

Looks amazing

Click Here to see what Mrs. Dash Says

Roger Owen Green said...

I'm older than that flag!

ROG, ABCW